Friday, February 27, 2009

Strawberries, Whipped Cream, and Bumps in the Night

What the hell was I thinking agreeing to go out tonight? I am so incredibly tired and my body just needs to rest. I'm watching CSI Miami and dreading the second I get a call from aunt who wants to go out. (I have really hot, young looking aunts.) Damn me for agreeing to be her wing-man tonight.

I decided not to go into the office today. There's really not that much work to do, finished all of it earlier this week. Made sense to me not to waste the gas and drive an hour to work to sit and listen to the other real estate agents as they puff their chests out. I did technically "work" today... just had to show 2 houses to a client 10 minutes from my house. And since I have to work all day tomorrow showing homes and meeting with clients, I figure I could play hooky today.

My kids are with their father for the weekend, and I get the house all to myself :) A break that I enjoy and sometimes is much needed. Of course I have all the lights off in here, TV and laptop are my only light sources at the moment. So why in the hell am I hearing noises? Like someone keeps bumping into my front door to open it? I think I got creeped out when I found out that the maintenance men and ladies in the office have extra keys to all our places. Kinda creepy if ya ask me. I keep the chain on the door as well as keeping it locked, but it still creeps me out.

Just finished my bowl of yummy fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dinner. No kids means kitchen is closed and I get to eat like a kid again :) I gotta say that I'm hooked to this blogspot stuff. I LOVE reading people's blogs. Who knew there were so many interesting people blogging...

2 comments:

  1. Never forget that aside from being a mother, you are a person too; and if you don't take care of YOU, you can't be as good of a mother as you'd like to be. Not only do you need a break, you deserve one!

    About the "creeped out" feeling... been there! Just don't watch the crime shows that tell you about a man that hid under a woman's bed for weeks before he stabbed her 30 some times when you can't sleep. My dumbass did that!

    Strawberries! MMMMM! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've become minorly obsessed with blogspot. and blogging. to the point where i blog from work when no one's looking.
    i adore reading about other people! i mean.. i like looking at their art and knitting and photographs. or their fashion ideas, gardening suggestions, room decor.
    but i adore getting to know the inside of them.
    and the vein part of me loves the fact that random people that i may not even know exist are reading and keeping tabs on my life.

    ReplyDelete