Thursday, May 21, 2009

Back and Forth

So basically my day today was a shitty one. Emails were going back and forth between all parties to this real estate transaction. Quick scenario is I am representing the
Buyer. Another agent is representing the Seller who technically is a bank (IndyMac). We are SUPPOSED to close tomorrow.

Except... well, except that the Senior Asset Manager acting as Seller has been holding up our escrow since yesterday morning. He's trying to short my client $330 in a credit that was and always has been agreed to be paid by the Seller. Yes, I know, it's only $300 but I refuse to cave in. It's in writing, signed by all parties, on 2 different contracts since 45+ days ago.

I would have let the whole thing slide and picked up the $330 and thought nothing of is, except for a snide little remark he made to the Escrow Officer (neutral 3rd party to the sale) saying, "a rose is still a rose."

Now I'm heated. I'M FUMING at this point. I'm so pissed off at his stupid little remark that my hands are trembling as I'm typing my response email to him. In short I tell him that all involved are not idiots and a contract is a contract; he signed it AND rewrote it stating the same, therefore he needs to honor it since it's a legal and binding agreement. I also happened to end it with YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO YOUR REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS CONTRACT. Yeah, I know, bad Virg **slaps hand**

More back and forth between me and the other real estate agent who is basically telling me that I am acting like a child throwing a tantrum and I am looking silly in front of my client. EXCUSE ME, but I am PROTECTING my client and their "measley $300," as you so kindly put it and, please correct me if I'm wrong, but STICKING TO THE CONTRACT. I tell him that I am sorry that he feels like I am throwing a tantrum, but that I will stand up for what is right, and that people like dick-head above get away with these kinds of things because people like him do not stop them.

In the end, dick-head wrote me in an email, "I do not think you are stupid. I DO think you are sneaky and crooked. You wrote the contract in this in hopes that we would not catch it. I hope you are happy. Your client will receive their ill gotten gain."

FUCK YOU very much! I hope that this one little person here that doesn't hold a prestigous title, such as yourself, has finally been the one to stand up to your smug ass. For the record, I am not sneaky or crooked, nor did I intend for him to interpret my specific wording in a contract. I am knowledgeable and experienced today in my career because of all the past mistakes and having to pay for them monetarily. I've learned to cross all my Ts and dot all my i's. I guess holding a corporate title doesn't automatically make a person wiser.

5 comments:

  1. That's funny. The guy blames you for his not reading the contract. Happy to hear you stuck to your guns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's the difference between being sneeky and being smarter than everyone else?
    nothing. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! He calls me sneaky for writing something in plain view for reading and HE rewrote my exact wording in a contract?? I guess I can call him incompetent for not doing his job and taking the time to read the contract. LOL!

      Delete
  3. A year and a half later I see these comments. Sheesh! I'm lame. Sorry!

    I am proud to say that I STILL stick to my guns, I STILL cross my t's and dot my i's and I STILL take the time to read my contracts. Thankfully, I never came across that jackass again.

    Can't wait to catch up on all your blogs!

    ReplyDelete