Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Heart Just Breaks

I love catching up on my Hollywood gossip from PerezHilton.com. The tone is almost always humorous. However, every once in a while he also posts really serious events. I am SERIOUSLY behind on my Perez Hilton blogs! Today I just read another sad story.

The blog entry is about this 11 year old boy who hung himself at home after being bullied at school for possibly being gay. Perez comments on his blog that the news stated the little boy went to school officials (teachers, counselors, principal) to let them know what was going on. And yet the bullying and harassment continued.

Apparently there was another suicide by hanging from another little boy in Massachusetts for the same thing. What the hell is going on in this world?! Do people not teach their children acceptance and respect anymore??? We sit here and sterilize cats and dogs... I think it's about time we do the same to these idiots that don't know how to raise kids to become better human beings so the world can be a better place for EVERYONE.

I have always taught my kids NOT to be cruel to other kids; to be respectful of other people and their property and to STAND UP FOR OTHERS WHEN THEY ARE TREATED UNFAIRLY. I am sure that my kids act totally different at school away from me, but I know for damn sure that I ingrained in their brains that certain things are just not right.

Little kids killing themselves for being harassed at school for being gay??? ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?!?!! Too, too sad!

3 comments:

  1. Very sad indeed when people of any age forget they are higher beings and act like animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!!! I completely agree. We had similar problems in junior high as oung girls with boys touching us in "those places" and we were told, despite a half dozen of us reporting it, that we had to have at least three witnesses!!! There was no way in hell we all had the same class on the same floor! I spend my entire year as a 12 year old getting fondled in SCHOOL. I don't even want to know what kids go through now, and bless you for instilling those messages in your children. They will be better for it, and so will this world.

    And I so owe you a big plate of sushi for your free therapy sessions! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mona! I couldn't imagine going through that in school. It seems that schools are scared of being sued these days. Unfortunately, there are some crazy parents that just make the threats over little issues, and so the schools end up fearing ALL complaints.

    My kids have behaved well, so far. I hope they keep it up into adulthood.

    ReplyDelete