Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I Knew It

Walking around numb again today. Fifth death of a friend this year. He was only 30 years old. Died of a heart attack. Had sleep apnea. Felt surreal walking into Tailgaters yesterday and seeing all the staff and regulars in a somber mood. We all hugged in silence. Grown men getting emotional. Who knew someone could have that big of an impact on so many people. I think he would be in disbelief if he saw how many of us loved him. I'm picturing his smirk/smile. Can't stop crying when I think of it. Just need one of his bear hugs right now...

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry V. I hope you got your bear hug by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got lots of bear hugs from the Tailgaters family, but just not the same as James's hugs. He will be missed by many.

      Delete