Monday, January 16, 2012

2012, The Year of the Mayan

... or something like that. Since my last post back in June of 2011, I moved... again. Francisco bought a home, and we moved out of my apartment. It was a hard transition to let go of something that was mine to move into something that's... not? I don't know. I guess I've been on my own for such a long time that it's hard for me to not have 100% ownership in where I'm at. On the bright side, I'm not homeless! (I'm sure I'm coming across as ungrateful, but honestly I'm just a control freak.)

Business is going good. Busy with a lot of clients: Buyers, Seller and Renters. The entire process is much slower than I am used to from years past. I expect everyone to be on it and communicate, but no such luck. These days it takes about 3 days to get an email, text or call back. I'm making the best of it. I'm not working on workaholic mode like I would like to, but I'm handling it.

My 18 year old daughter was accepted into a private college here in the Bay Area. She had the majority of her tuition covered through scholarships and grants. She finished this past semester with a 3.97 GPA while working her first part-time job.

My 16 year old son got onto the JV Soccer Team and played on a competition team during the summer. Unfortunately, he didn't listen to Mom and failed miserably this semester in high school. No soccer for him this year. He seems to think that everything in life is easy, and that he can just breeze by. Not in my house - hahaha! I have been having to look his homework over like I used to when he was in elementary school. I am hoping he will take the initiative and work hard on his own because HE wants to succeed.

Getting out to San Francisco, Oakland and Berkeley just isn't as easy as it once was for me. My time is limited to work and baby these days. I was feeling complacent, and that was bothering me. I finally left the safety of suburbia to go to an Art Show in Oakland this past weekend. I thought it would awaken my inner need to be creative and do something with all these thoughts and feelings. I just need to do it.

I'm taking my health serious these days. Drinking has bored me. And made me fat. Well, ok, not FAT, but muffin top-ish. I'm not into super skinny, I just want the muscle and definition. The pounds aren't melting off, but I can feel my legs getting stronger. My arms and shoulders have never been hard to tone quick.

And with that I am off to Zumba. Yes, my friends, Zumba. I am now a part of the Zumba cult, thanks to my dear friend, Dianna. It only took her a year to convince me (brainwash me). It's ok, this instructor is really good and I love her music selection. Gotta beat the crowd, those Zumba folks are almost like Nancy Kerrigan and Tanya Harding. If I ever get clubbed in the knee, it was the Zumba cult...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Balance is so hard! I'm guessing it's something we all have to constantly work at, and some days more than others.

      Delete